There are three levels of configuration available in XTM: Global, Customer's, and Filter Template.
Configuration is a set of rules that apply to the analysis of the project.
Those rules can direct translation content, segmentation, and extraction of metadata from the files.
Global configuration - applies to all projects under all customers, unless some other is used.
Customer's configuration - applies to all projects created under a given customer, takes precedence over Global configuration.
Filter template (also called Analysis template) - a configuration that is applied on a per-project basis. For each project, you can choose a Filter Template. Rules of a Filter Template are prioritized over Global and Customer's configuration.
Please do keep in mind, that a given Filter Template can be restricted to be available under a given customer only.
Filter templates can be confused with Project templates, but they are completely different. Filter template has rules for analysis of files, while Project template stores the settings for creating a project and allocating translators.
To apply a new configuration you need to do the following:
Step 1: Choose the preferred Filter template in the project settings
- If you requested a global configuration then this is not needed.
- If you requested a Customer's configuration then your project must be created under this selected customer.
- During project creation, you can choose the Filter template from the drop-down list:
- If the project is already created you can choose it in the General info tab from the same drop-down list:
Please do remember to save the General Info tab, before proceeding.
Step 2: Analyze the project.
- This will happen automatically if you are creating a new project.
- For an existing project you can do the reanalysis:
- If you do not want to reanalyze the whole project you can upload a new file to it via the Files tab.
This file can be added to existing ones or replace one of them. In this case, only newly uploaded files are analyzed with new configuration rules.
Uploading a file with the same name and extension as one of the source files will overwrite the file content during analysis.
The new or updated configuration is applied on the analysis step. After adjusting any configuration, re-analysis of project that were using this configuration is required in order to apply the changes.